Open to opportunities in both Environment Art & VFX
3D game artist with 5 years of studio experience. Studied at Ringling College of Art & Design, graduated 2013. I've worked around games for the last 15 years, starting off with creating maps in Counterstrike, Starcraft and Warcraft 3. For a short time, I created some popular mods for Cities Skylines. I'm well versed in PBR pipeline, current gen tools and techniques.
Primarily trained as an environment artist, but also do hobbyist VFX and game design. Learning new tools excites me, which seems proper for an industry that tends to evolve its pipeline every 2-4 years :)
- Created FPS game-ready assets by modeling, texturing, and baking.
- Utilized Maya, Photoshop, and the Quixel & Substance packages for a stylized PBR workflow.
- Worked without concept, from reference, or directly with designers on kitbash. Integrated custom assets to levels, some set dressing.
- Assisted on various VFX tasks throughout environments, usually material effects.
- Optimization efforts towards game performance while being conscientious of time management.
Created mods for Cities Skylines and asked for donations.
Various art tasks including 3D modeling, texturing, and scripting (integration) for Simcity's proprietary engine. Cleaned up models from outsourcing. Prototyped whitebox models in early phases of development. Polished finished models per the feedback from art direction.